Light and fresh Tuna salad is a classic comfort food perfect for a quick and easy lunch. It’s ready in minutes!
A Childhood Classic
I have always loved tuna salad, but now I enjoy a more sophisticated version with a few extra mix ins. Tuna salad starts with a blend of two main ingredients: tuna and mayonnaise.
The best thing about basic recipes is how easily you can adapt them to your own tastes. I love to add relish or pickles, and a bit of cheese. But you could make your salad even more filling by adding chopped celery, cranberries, nuts, you name it!
How to Make Tuna Salad
All this recipe requires is just to mix the ingredients and serve! We included the following ingredients in our recipe:
- parmesan cheese
- garlic powder
MIX. Add tuna, mayo, relish, and cheese to a medium bowl. Add parsley, dill and garlic powder and mix well.
SERVE. Serve with crackers or as a sandwich.
Recipe Tips + Additions
Here are a few tips along with ideas to change it up.
- Tuna: Use any type of tuna as long as it is packed in water. This will result in the best and freshest taste.
- To avoid an overall mushy sandwich, consider spooning the tuna salad on toasted pieces of bread. That way the extra moisture from the tuna salad doesn’t soak through the bread.
- For a healthier version, use plain yogurt instead of sour cream and serve it in lettuce wraps rather than between pieces of bread. This will cut down on fat and carbs!
- Or use mashed avocado instead of mayonnaise in order to use a healthier fat.
Additions: You can add dried fruit like cranberries, or for more crunch try adding chopped apples, celery, cucumbers, and/or red onion.
STORE this in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
FREEZE this in an airtight container for 1-2 months. Drain excess water after it is thawed as needed, and add more celery for crunch.
For more delicious salads try:
Tuna Salad Recipe
- 1 (7oz) can white tuna - grained and flaked
- 6 tbsp mayonnaise - or salad dressing
- 3 tbsp sweet pickle relish - or dill relish
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese - shredded
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried dill weed
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- Add tuna, mayo, relish, and cheese to a medium bowl.
- Add parsley, dill and garlic powder and mix well.
- Serve with crackers or as a sandwich.