Light, fluffy, and oh so tiny! These Mini Pancakes are sweet, melt in your mouth, and take less than 30 minutes to whip up!
Mini pancakes, otherwise known as silver dollar pancakes, are so much fun. You can make a bunch of them and add different flavors, toppings, syrups, like my Buttermilk Syrup.
These bite-size pancakes are light and fluffy and truly melt in your mouth. Plus, you likely have most of these ingredients in your fridge and pantry already! The best part? You can choose to have 1 or 20, no one is counting!
Table of Contents
Buttermilk – This adds a sweet creaminess to the dish just like in my Buttermilk Pancakes.
Melted Butter – Melted butter isn’t always used in pancake recipes, but it is an important ingredient in these mini pancakes and in my Banana Bread Pancakes
For a full list of ingredients and amounts see the recipe card below.
How to Make Mini Pancakes
Step 1: Preheat a non-stick pancake griddle, or non-stick skillet or pan to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or medium heat.
Step 2: In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
Step 3: Next, add the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter into the dry ingredients. Stir together until there are no clumps in the batter.
Step 4: Using a pancake batter dispenser, or any other tool you prefer, pour or spoon the batter onto your preheated griddle. Roughly 1 ½ – 2 Tablespoons of batter for each mini pancake. Once you see bubbles on the surface of the pancake batter it’s time to flip.
Step 5: Cook the other side until it’s a light golden brown.
Step 6: Finally serve and enjoy!
You can never have too many toppings when it comes to this mini pancakes recipe. Here are a few I would recommend adding!
- Maple syrup
- Chocolate chips
- Fresh Berries: Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries, etc.
- Whipped Cream
- Nuts; peanuts, pecans etc.
- Peanut butter
If you pour from one spot onto your griddle you should be able to get pretty round pancakes, however if you are looking to be more precise you can use this pancake dispenser.
I think buttermilk is the best option for the overall taste of this recipe, however if you are in a pinch, you can use whole milk, or even almond milk if you are on a dairy-free diet.
Storage and Reheating
You can store these pancakes in airtight containers in your fridge for up to 2-3 days. If you want to freeze them, you can do so for up to 1 month.
To reheat these pancakes, you can do so in your microwave until everything has warmed through.
Mini Pancakes Recipe
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tbsp butter - melted
- Preheat a non-stick pancake griddle, or non-stick skillet to 300 degrees Fahrenheit or medium heat.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Next, add in the egg, buttermilk, and melted butter. Whisk together until there are no clumps in the batter.
- Using a pancake batter dispenser, or any other tool you prefer, pour the batter onto your preheated griddle. Roughly 1 ½ – 2 Tablespoons of batter for each mini pancake. Once you see bubbles on the surface of the pancake batter it’s time to flip.
- Cook the other side until it's a light golden brown.
- Finally serve and enjoy!