Sweet & Spicy Asian Snack Mix
I know everyone has Thanksgiving on their mind, but today I’m sharing a super easy & tasty recipe that’s not only great for the holidays but for game day too! This sweet & spicy Asian snack mix is bursting with cereal, rice crackers, sesame sticks, crispy peas, pretzels and best of all, almonds! It’s all sorts of delicious!!!
Aside from cheering on my favorite team and spending time with friends and family, one of the best parts about watching football is the food!!! Am I right?! But to be honest, I’m all about throwing together snacks in a jiffy. This snack mix only takes a few minutes to mix up and the rest is done in the oven! That means you can pull it out at commercial break and it will be devoured by the next one!
This sweet & spicy Asian snack mix unique spin on a family favorite. We always make big batches of snack mix throughout the fall and winter, and this one’s definitely going to be part of the rotation.
It’s got a nice tang from the Wasabi & Soy Almonds, a kick from the cayenne pepper and a little bit of sweetness from the honey. Each handful will leave you wanting more!
So are you ready to see just how easy it is to make?! Just toss all of the snack items in a big mixing bowl and then pour the butter/seasoning mixture over top. Toss it together and pour onto a lined baking sheet. Place it in the oven and bake at 250 degrees for about 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. When it’s done let it cool on the sheet, then toss into a bowl & enjoy!
Ditch the chips and make a big bowl of this crazy flavorful snack mix instead- it’s game day fuel for hungry fans!
- 5 c. corn squares cereal
- 5 c. rice squares cereal
- 2 c. oriental rice cracker mix
- 1 c. pretzels
- 1 c. sesame sticks
- ½ c. dried peas
- 1 c. (or 1 - 6 oz. can) Blue Diamond Wasabi & Soy Almonds*
- 9 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp. honey, heaping
- 3 tbsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1½ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. onion powder
- ⅛ tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper (less for more mild flavor)
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cereal, crackers, pretzels, sesame sticks, peas and almonds. In a small microwave-safe mixing bowl, melt the butter. Whisk in the honey, soy sauce, worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and cayenne pepper. Pour over cereal mixture and toss with a large spatula until evenly coated.
- Pour onto the prepared baking sheet, place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for about 20 minutes before serving.
-You can find a lot of these ingredients in the bulk section of most grocery stores or on the snack aisle.
-Store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Recipe source: Life Made Simple
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. Ditch the chips and grab some Game Changing Flavors this football season! Enter for a chance to win the Ultimate Football Party Prize Pack, get great savings and ideas for delicious snack hacks at GameChangingFlavors.com.