These cool and creamy mini mint oreo cheesecakes are made in a muffin tin! Homemade whipped cream and a sprinkle of cookie crumbs help make these tiny treats even more decadent!
MINI MINT OREO CHEESECAKES. Yes, they are a thing… a very good thing! ?
When St. Patrick’s Day rolls around, I always gravitate towards mint treats. They’re fun, festive and most important, green! These mini cheesecakes or “tiny cupcakes” as my kids called them, are so darn easy to make. No special pan or water bath required! Just a little bit of prep work, a muffin tin & patience is all you need.
One of the main ingredients in these mini cheesecakes is oreos. I prefer using a package of mint oreos for this recipe. You can buy one of the standard size packages and use it for both the crust and the filling. If you can’t find them, regular oreos will work too, you’ll just want to add a little more mint extract.
For the crust, you’ll scrape the filling off the cookies and just use the wafer itself. This prevents the crust from becoming sticky.
How to make the cookie crust
You can make it in a food processor or in a large ziploc bag (with a rolling pin). I went the food processor route because it was quick and effortless.
You’ll need 1 cup of crushed cookies, 4 tablespoons of melted butter, 1 tablespoon of granulated sugar, and a pinch of salt.
- If you’re making it in the food processor: Pulse the oreos until fine and sandy. Add the melted butter, sugar and salt. Pulse until crumbs are moist.
- If you’re making it in a ziploc bag: Crush the oreos using a rolling pin until fine and sandy. Add the melted butter, sugar, and salt. Close the bag and shake/rub until crumbs are moist.
Press 1 tablespoon into each of the 12 muffin liners. Bake at 325 for 6 minutes, then remove and set aside.
Mint oreo cheesecake filling
To make the filling, you need a hand mixer or stand mixer. You’ll also want to make sure the cream cheese is nice and soft. This will prevent clumps from forming in your batter.
TIP: if you haven’t planned ahead, you can leave the cream cheese (still wrapped up) on top of your oven while it preheats. You can also unwrap it and microwave it on half power for 1 minute increments until soft. Just don’t overdo it!
Beat the cream cheese with the sugar and flour until smooth and creamy. Add the sour cream, heavy cream, and mint extract. Once that’s mixed together, add the eggs one at a time, mixing just until combined.
Chop up ½ cup of oreo cookies and fold them into the batter. You can also add a few drops of food coloring too. I wasn’t planning on these being bright green, but I ended up squeezing the AmeriColor bottle a little too hard and 2 drops fell in instead of 1. Oh well!
Divide the batter between the 12 muffin liners. It should be just under the edge of the liner… in other words, they will be VERY FULL. You may have a teeny tiny bit of batter leftover. Tap on the counter a few times to remove air bubbles.
Bake for 24-26 minutes, then remove and let rest at room temperature for 20 minutes before transferring to the refrigerator. Give the cheesecakes a good hour to get sufficiently chilled (they will keep for up to 4 days). In the meantime you can make the whipped cream and gather the garnishes. ?
We went the homemade whip route to keep these simple. They’d be delicious with ganache on top too! Whatever you decide, these mini mint oreo cheesecakes are bound to be a hit!
LOOKING FOR MORE MINT RECIPES? TRY THESE:
- Chocolate Mint Sandwich Cookies
- Mint Cookies & Cream Fudge
- Mint Overload Bark
- Mint Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate Thin Mint Ice Cream
Need more recipes? Subscribe to my email list! Simply enter your email in a subscription box located on the right hand side of the blog or scroll below the recipe and sign up there. You’ll receive posts, newsletters and so much more!
BE SURE TO FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM & PINTEREST!
Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecakes Recipe
For the crust:
- 1 c. oreo cookie crumbs - no filling
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
- Pinch of salt
For the filling:
- 12 oz. 1 ½ blocks original cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 c. granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. sour cream - room temperature
- 1/4 c. heavy cream
- 1 tsp. mint extract
- 2 large eggs - room temperature
- 1/2 c. chopped mint or regular oreo cookies
- Green food coloring - optional
- Whipped cream
- Cookie crumbs
- Mint sprigs
- Ganache or fudge sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a standard size muffin tin with 12 paper liners, set aside.
- In a food processor bowl or a ziploc bag, combine add the butter, sugar and salt to the cookie crumbs. Mix until moistened.
- Scoop 1 ½ tablespoons of the cookie mixture into the bottom of each liner. Press to create a firm, even crust. Bake for 6 minutes, then remove and allow to cool.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer), add the cream cheese, sugar and flour. Beat on medium speed for 3 minutes until smooth.
- With mixing speed on low, gradually add the sour cream, heavy cream, and mint extract. Beat for 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Fold in chopped oreos and food coloring, if desired.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin liners. They will be full, just make sure they have at about ⅛ inch of liner showing. Tap the pan on the counter 3 times. Place into the oven and bake for 24-26 minutes. They will still look moist in the center but will set as they cool.
- Remove from the oven and transfer the pan to a wire rack to cool for 20 minutes. Chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
- Top with whipped cream, cookie crumbs, mint sprigs, or ganaches, if desired. Serve cold.
These are dangerous! So yummy! Great for serving a crowd.
Wow! These mini cheesecakes look soooo good! I love how appetizing they look! Thanks for sharinG!
These were THE BEST dessert. I love miniature serving sizes like this because it’s the perfect way to have a sweet treat without overdoing it! And since my family loves all things mint – we added the MINT oreos and mint flavoring. PERFECTION!!
So creamy, dreamy, and delicious! These are awesome! Love the perfect size…and the mint? Incredible! Oreos & mint are like a match made in heaven…but then you add the cheesecake & the mint and somehow that heaven gets even better! Love these! My little leprachauns love these too… 😉
I love mini desserts!! These cheesecakes are perfect for entertaining! Mint oreo is the best!