Creamy grape salad is made from crunchy grapes covered in a sweet and tangy cream cheese dressing and topped with brown sugar and chopped nuts.
Favorite Summer Salad!
During the summer, I love to have fresh fruit sides—especially at picnics, BBQs, and other gatherings.
I love this fresh and creamy grape salad. It is a mix on a fruit salad, but highlights grapes. The creamy mixture has the tang of the cream cheese, and is complimented by the sweet brown sugar for a perfect balance. It is a kid friendly dish, but is elevated by the addition of chopped nuts.
This salad is best served chilled and needs to stay cold, so keep that in mind if bringing to an outdoor gathering. You can serve in a chilled bowl or set on ice. This tasty salad is sure to be a hit!
How to Make Grape Salad
It’s beyond simple!
CREAM CHEESE MIXTURE. Add cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla to a large bowl and beat until smooth.
GRAPES. Fold in grapes and transfer to your serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
TOPPING. Right before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.
Tips + Variations
I personally prefer to use “crunchy grapes” because it gives a nice crunchy texture to your salad rather than having them be mushy. If you prefer mushy grapes you can totally use those for your salad.
- Healthier: Use Greek yogurt instead of sour cream for a less fatty option.
- Lighter texture: If you want a lighter texture then I recommend adding in some cool whip. This will add a fluffier texture to your salad. You can also whip the cream cheese and sour cream together to get a lighter texture by adding more air into the mixture.
- Grapes: Try using cotton candy grapes for an even sweeter salad!
- Nuts: Replace pecans with grape nuts or crushed pretzels. Of course, you’re not limited to the amount listed in the recipe—add as much or as little topping as you like!
STORE in an airtight container in the fridge. The longer the salad is stored mushier the grapes become so keep that in mind. It should be good for 2-4 days before it is too far gone.
This is not an ideal salad to FREEZE because it doesn’t thaw well.
You do not want to assemble the entire salad ahead of time: the grapes and nuts will soften over time. You can mix the “dressing” together ahead of time and keep that in an airtight container in the fridge for 24 hours. Then you can mix in the grapes and the topping right before serving.
For more refreshing fruit, try:
Grape Salad Recipe
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese - softened
- 1 c sour cream
- 1/3 c white sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lbs seedless red grapes
- 2 lbs seedless green grapes
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp chopped pecans
- Add cream cheese, sour cream, sugar and vanilla to a large bowl and beat until smooth.
- Fold in grapes and transfer to your serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Right before serving, sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans.