Protein balls are filled with tasty goodness that will fulfill that sweet craving perfectly. They are great for a quick on the go snack or breakfast.
Simple ingredients come together quickly for the perfect snack. They are a healthy, protein packed snack, that will help you combat those afternoon hunger pangs. For more yummy snacks try No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Granola Bars or Chocolate Cookie Dough Energy Bites.
A Little Something Sweet
If you are anything like me, and I hope you are, you crave a little something sweet during the day. My craving usually hits after lunch, or in the evening when the kids are in bed. Sometimes I indulge, and sometimes I really don’t want to undo all of the good eating I’ve done that day!
There are other times I crave something a little more “protein”, does that even make sense? I need something a little more substantial I guess. Well, que these protein balls. Not only do they “feel” more substantial, they soothe that sweet craving.
They are SO easy to make, and perfect for storing for a quick little snack. They require no baking, use simple ingredients, and taste phenomenal!
How to Make Protein Balls
MIX. Add the oats, peanut butter, honey, chocolate chips, flax seeds and protein powder to a large bowl and mix together well.
CHILL. Cover the bowl and chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
SCOOP. Scoop the balls and roll them with your hands. You can make the balls as small or as large as you want.
STORE. Place them in an airtight container in the fridge. Separate the layers with wax or parchment paper. They will keep for a couple weeks. Or, you can freeze them for up to 3 months.
- Add dried fruit like raisins or cranberries
- Switch the chocolate chips for peanut butter chips or white chocolate chips
- Add a tbsp or so of chia seeds
- Make these into bars: Press firmly into an 8×8 pan that’s lined with parchment paper and then slice into bars instead of rolling into balls
For more bite sized treats, try:
- Soft Pretzel Bites
- Monster Cookie Energy Bites
- Salted Caramel Brownie Bites
- Chocolate Covered Cheesecake Bites
Protein Balls Recipe
- 1 c rolled oats
- 1/2 c natural peanut butter
- 1/3 c honey
- 1/4 c mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tbsp flaxseed
- 1 tbsp chocolate flavored protein powder
- Add the oats, peanut butter, honey, chocolate chips, flax seeds and protein powder to a large bowl and mix together well.
- Cover the bowl and chill it in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Scoop the balls and roll them with your hands. You can make the balls as small or as large as you want. Place them in an airtight container in the fridge. Separate the layers with wax or parchment paper.